Please see below for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Stonewall Sports Raleigh. If you do not see the answer to your question or have additional an question, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help you!
No! Stonewall Sports Raleigh embraces inclusivity and welcomes participants of all sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, races, religions, ages, status', etc. We believe in inclusivity, not exclusivity. We respect all players' identities and encourage everyone to express themselves as they wish.
No experience is needed to participate. Whether you're a seasoned athlete or new to the sport, there is a place for you. The focus is on creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where people can enjoy playing sports, while also building connections within the community.
Note: some leagues offer divisions based on various skill levels/experience:
- A Division - Advanced Division
- B Division - Intermediate Division
- C Division - Novice Division
There are active registrations throughout the year for our leagues (some sports have multiple leagues throughout a given year).
When you register for a league, you have four options:
- Team Captain: You are captaining and creating your own team of players.
- Team Player: You know what team you are playing on and want to directly register for that team.
- Free Agent: You want to play, but don't currently have a team. We will randomly assign you to a team.
- Small Group Member: You have one/more other friend(s) that want together and be assigned the same team.
Each league registration fee is different, but we strive to have affordable registration costs across all our leagues.
Registration deadlines vary per league, but typically close 1 month prior to the league start date. Note that many leagues fill up fast, so make sure to register early.
Registration includes a league t-shirt and league fee (including all games/playoff games for that respective league).
We try our best to place everyone on a team, including creating a Free Agent team if enough individuals register as free agents. In the event that we are unable to place you on a team, we will provide a full refund.
Note: Free Agents can expect to receive their roster assignment via LeagueApps and Schedule email sent no later than 7 days prior to the start of the league.
You will receive a confirmation email shortly after registering. About 7 days before the start of the league, you will receive a Schedule email from the respective Sport Director.
Note: If you have any questions in the meantime, you can email the respective Sport Director for assistance.
Refunds are NOT given once registered for a league, with the following exceptions:
- The league is canceled before the season begins
- Call-ups to military service before the league begins
- Medical incapacity before the league begins (requires a doctor’s note to be provided to the Sport Director & Commissioner)
Most games run between 30 minutes-to-1 hour. Each league plays within the assigned league window time frame weekly (*Playoff times subject to change). Your game times will rotate each week throughout the time frame and your team may play a double-header on a given week.
We try our best to play scheduled games, but may wait until closer to game time before canceling a game (do not assume games are canceled just because it is bad weather where you are). Sometimes game cancellation is out of our control, as we use a number of city fields where the city will close the field due to the weather (even though you may think it is playable). If games are canceled due to weather, we will email league participants and inform Team Captains.
Note: Canceled games may or may not be rescheduled, dependent on a number of factors - this information will be communicated to Team Captains by the Sport Director.
- Attend the pre-season Captains Meeting.
- Ensure the team has enough players each week by taking 'roll call' via messaging and/or emailing the team. If your team does not have enough players in a given week and needs to forfeit a game, the Team Captain must inform the Sport Director in advance.
- Communicate league info and schedule changes to their players.
Should there be any questions or concerns throughout the season, it is the Team Captain’s responsibility to contact the Sport Director.
Each league typically hosts a Kick-Off Party prior to the season start, where players can pick up their t-shirt and meet other teams/participants. If you can’t attend the kick-off party, your t-shirt will be delivered by your Team Captain at the first game of the league.
For our Kickball league, we promote the Kickball Sponsor’s Bar for ‘Sunday Funday.’ This provides an opportunity for members to build community in a social way each week after the games end.
In previous years, Sponsors have included Legends Nightclub and The Avenue.